Urad Dal : 1 cup
Red Chilli Powder : 1 tsp
Salt to taste
A pinch of hing ( optional )
1. Wash and soak the urad dal for 6 hours.
2. Wash, drain and grind the soaked urad dal into a smooth and thick batter with very little water.
3. Add salt, red chilli powder and a pinch of hing to it and beat well.
4. Make very small rounds on a plastic sheet and let it dry in the sun light.
6. Deep fry the dried vadiyalu in hot oil before serving. Serve the vadiyalu with rice, dal and sambar. You can store it for a year.