Andhra Style Chinthapandu PulihoraRecipe:
Preparation & Cooking Time : 25 mins
Serves: 4 - 5 persons
Raw Rice: 1 cup
Water : 2 cups
Tamarind: big lemon sized ball
Green Chillies: 3 - 4
Whole Dried Red Chillies: 5
Mustard Seeds: 1/2 tbsp
Chana Dal: 1 tbsp
Urad Dal: 1 tbsp
Peanuts: 3 tbsp
Curry Leaves: 2 sprigs
Turmeric Powder: 1 tsp
Jaggery : 1 tsp (optional)
Oil: 3 tbsp
Hing: 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
1. Wash and pressure cook the rice with 2 cups of water for 3 whistles.
2. Soak the tamarind in water for 10 minutes. Then squeeze the extract out of it and set aside.
3. Spread the cooked rice on a wide plate and let it cool completely. Heat oil in a pan for seasoning.
4. Add the mustard seeds, chana dal, urad dal and peanuts and let them splutter. Fry the seeds till light brown color. Add the slit green chillies, red chillies, curry leaves and hing to it and fry for a couple of seconds.
5. Now add the tamarind extract, powdered jaggery and turmeric powder and cook the mixture until the oil gets separates. Switch off the flame.
6. Combine the rice, salt and tamarind mixture well and serve.