If you are looking for more vinayaka chavithi recipes then do check Godhuma Rava Undrallu, Rava Kudumulu, Modakam, Bellam Kudumulu, Chana Dal Payasam, Aratipandu Appalu, Poornam Kudumulu and Pala Rava Kesari.
And here's a full list of Ganesh Chaturthi Recipes.
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook time: 15 mins | Makes: 8-10
- 1/2 cup Rice Rava / Broken Raw Rice (see notes)
- 1.5 cups Water
- 1 tbsp Chana Dal
- 1 tsp Ghee
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- Salt to taste
- To prepare rice rava, wash and soak the raw rice for 15 minutes. Drain it completely and spread on a paper or cloth to dry them completely. Coarsely grind the rice in a mixer and then sieve it.
- Soak the chana dal in water for 30 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat a teaspoon of ghee in a heavy bottomed pan. Add the cumin seeds and let them splutter.
- Add the soaked chana dal and fry for a minute.
- Now add water (1 and 1/2 cups) and let it come to a boil.
- Add rice rava and salt to it and mix well.
- Cover it with a lid and let it cook completely on a low flame.
- Turn off the flame and leave it aside to cool down a bit.
- Grease your hands and take a small portion out of the mixture.
- Shape it into round shape ball. Arrange them on a greased idli plate or steamer plate.
- Steam cook them on a high flame for 10 minutes.
- Switch off the flame and let them cool.
- Serve with chutney or sambar.