Recipe Reference : Rama Bommaraju
- Panasa Pottu / Finely Chopped Raw Jack Fruit : 1 cup
- Green Chillies : 3 or4
- Dried Red Chillies : 3
- Thick Tamarind Extract : 1 tbsp
- Powdered Jaggery : 1/2 tsp
- Peanuts : 1 tbsp
- Mustard Seeds : 1/2 tsp
- Chana Dal : 1/2 tsp
- Urad Dal : 1/2 tsp
- Cumin Seeds : 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder : 1/4 tsp
- Hing : 1/8 tsp
- Curry Leaves : 1 sprig
- Oil : 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
|Panasa Pottu Kura and Radish Sambar ~ Our Simple Meal Today|
2. Bring two cups of water to boil, add the rinsed jack fruit, turmeric powder and salt.
3. Close with a lid and cook till the jackfruit is tender. Switch off the flame and allow it to cool.
4. Drain and squeeze out any remaining water and set aside.
5. Heat oil in a frying pan. Add the peanuts, mustard seeds, chana dal, urad dal and cumin seeds and let them splutter.
6. Add add the split green chillies, broken red chillies, curry leaves and hing and fry for a minute.
7. Now add the tamarind extract and powdered jaggery to it and fry for a couple of minutes.
8. Finely add the cooked jackfruit and mix well. Adjust the salt levels and fry for a few minutes.
9. Switch off the heat and serve with hot steamed rice and a dash of ghee.