|Kanda Garelu / Vadalu ( కంద గారెలు ) ~ Elephant Yam Fritters|
1. Wash, peel and chop the yam into cubes.
2. Grind the chopped yam and green chillies into a paste.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine the ground yam, rice flour and salt. Mix very well and set aside.
4. Heat oil for deep frying. Apply little water or oil on palm and take lemon size ball of yam batter, flatten them a little, make a hole in the middle.
5. Deep fry them in hot oil, till they turn golden brown color.
6. Remove from the oil and serve hot with tomato ketchup or coconut chutney.