For the Dough :
- Ragi Flour / Finger Millet Flour : 1 cup
- Oil : 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
For Tempering :
- Grated Fresh Coconut : 4 to 6 tbsp
- Dried Red Chillies : 3 or 4
- Mustard Seeds : 1 tsp
- Urad Dal : 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder : 1/4 tsp
- Hing : 1/8 tsp
- Curry Leaves : 1 sprig
- Oil : 1 tbsp
2. Add required boiling water to make a soft dough. The dough should be soft and smooth.
3. Grease your hands with oil and divide the dough into small balls. Steam cook the balls for 10 - 12 minutes.
4. Heat oil in pan. Add the mustard seeds and urad dal and let them splutter. Add the broken red chillies, hing and curry leaves and fry for a couple of seconds.
5. Now add the finely grated coconut and turmeric to it and fry for a minute. Then add the steamed dough balls and mix well.
6. Adjust the salt and switch off the flame. Serve immediately.