- Rice Flour : 3 cups
- Roasted Bengal Gram Powder : 1 cup
- Ajwain Seeds : 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder : 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
1. Combine the both flours with salt, red chilli powder and ajwain seeds and set aside.
2. Bring 2 cups of water to a rolling boil with 2 tablespoons of oil. Add this boiling water to the flour and mix with a spatula. Mix very well and cool.
3. Make a soft dough by adding the cold water little by little. Knead the dough till very soft. The dough should be soft and smooth.
4. Take a small portion of dough and fill in the murukku / chakli press.
5. Grease a ladle with little oil. Press the chakli maker on the greased ladle. Slightly rotate the chakli maker round and round until it forms a spiral shaped chakli.
6. Heat oil for deep frying. Carefully drop the chaklis and deep fry them on a medium flame.
7. Remove and place them on a tissue paper. Let them cool completely and store in airtight container.