- Raw Rice : 1 cup
- Moong Dal : 1/2 cup
- Sugar : 1 cup
- Ghee : 3 tbsp + 1 tsp
- A pinch of Edible Camphor ( Pachha Karpooram )
- Cashews and Raisins
1. In a pan, heat a teaspoon of ghee on medium flame. Add and roast the moong dal until light golden color. Switch off the flame and set aside.
2. Put the rinsed rice, roasted moong dal and 3 cups water in a pressure cooker and cook till 3 whistles.
3. Turn off the flame and wait until the pressure go off.
4. Heat the ghee in a pan. Add and fry the cashew nuts and raisins. Set aside when the nuts turn golden brown color.
5. Mix the sugar and 1/2 cup of water in a vessel and cook on a low flame till the sugar melts.
6. Now add the cooked rice, edible camphor, fried cashews, raisins and ghee and mix well.
7.Cook for 5 minutes and switch off the flame. Serve and enjoy :)