1. Wash, peel and chop the yam into medium size cubes.
2. In a saucepan, add the chopped yam, turmeric powder, salt and water and cook until yam pieces are tender. Drain and set aside.
3.Heat oil in a pan and add the urad dal, chana dal and mustard seeds.
4.Once they start to splutter, add the broken red chillies and curry leaves and fry for a couple of seconds.
5. Now add the tamarind extract and powdered jaggery to it and fry for a couple of minutes.
6. Then add the cooked yam and red chilli powder and mix very well.
- You can also check other Curry Recipes here
- Check out other recipes of Elephant Yam here
- Back to Recipe Index