Preparation & Cooking Time: 30 mins
Serves : 3 - 4 persons
- Chopped Spinach : 1 cup
- Split Moong Dal : 1/2 cup
- Green Chillies : 3 - 4
- Dried Red Chillies : 2
- Tamarind : Gooseberry size ball
- Mustard Seeds : 1/2 tsp
- Chana Dal : 1/2 tsp
- Urad Dal: 1/2 tsp
- Hing : 1/8 tsp
- Turmeric Powder : 1/4 tsp
- Curry Leaves : 1 sprig
- Oil : 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
1. Put the rinsed moong dal, chopped spinach, tamarind, split green chillies, turmeric and a cup of water in a pressure cooker and cook till 3 whistles.
2. Turn off the flame and wait until the pressure go off. Add the salt and mix well.
3. Heat a teaspoon of oil in a vessel. Add the mustard seeds, chana dal and urad dal and let them splutter. Then add the red chillies, hing and curry leaves to it and fry for a few seconds.
4. Pour it over the cooked dal and combine well.
5. Serve hot with roti or steamed rice, dollop of ghee and some papads.
- You can also check other Dal Recipes here
- Check out other recipes of Cabbage here
- Back to Recipe Index