|Pallilu & Ullipaya Pachadi|
Preparation & Cooking Time : 20 mins
Serves : 3 - 4 persons
- Peanuts : 1/2 cup
- Onion : 1 medium sized
- Mustard Seeds : 1/4 tsp
- Dried Chillies : 4 - 5
- Tamarind : 1 inch piece
- Curry Leaves : 1 sprig
- Hing : 1/8 tsp
- Oil : 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
1. Soak the tamarind in water for 10 minutes and set aside.
2. Heat a heavy bottomed pan on a medium heat, slowly roast the peanut to golden brown color. Cool and rub the skins off.
3. Heat a teaspoon of oil in a pan. Add and fry the onions until light brown color. Then add the red chillies and fry for a minute. Remove from the flame and let it cool completely.
4. Grind the roasted peanuts, onions mixture, soaked tamarind and salt to a fine paste using a little water.
5. Transfer the chutney to a bowl and set aside.
6. Heat a teaspoon of oil for tempering. Add the mustard seeds and let them splutter. When the seeds stop popping, add the curry leaves and hing. Stir for a couple of seconds and turn off the heat.
7. Pour it over the chutney and combine well. Serve with pongal, dosa, idli or upma.