|Corn and Peanut Vadai|
Preparation & Cooking Time : 15 - 20 minutes
Serves : 2 persons
- Sweet Corn Kernels : 1/2 cup
- Roasted Peanuts : 1/4 cup
- Onion : 1
- Besan : 2 tbsp
- Rice Flour : 1 tbsp
- Green Chillies : 2
- Amchoor Powder : 1/2 tsp
- Ginger : 1/2 inch piece
- Garlic : 2 - 3 (Optional )
- Cilantro : 2 sprigs
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
1. Peel and chop the onion into small pieces and set aside.
2. Grind the roasted peanuts into a coarse powder and set aside.
3. Grind the sweet corn, ginger, garlic and green chillies into a paste.
4. In a mixing bowl, combine the flours, peanut powder, ground corn, salt, amchoor powder and chopped cilantro. Mix very well and set aside.
5. Heat oil in a deep frying pan. Divide the corn mixture into equal size balls and shape each ball to flat patties of medium thickness.
6. Deep fry them until golden brown color and crispy and remove from the oil.
7. Serve on a cloudy day with a cup of hot coffee or tea.