Curried Sweet Corn Toast / Sandwich Recipe
Preparation & Cooking Time: 15 minsMakes 4 or 5 - Serves 2
Bread Slices : 8 -10
Sweet Corn : 1 (approx. 1 cup)
Onion : 1 medium
Lemon : 1
Cumin Seeds : 1/4 tsp
Green Chillies : 3 - 4
Red Chilli Powder : 1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder :1/4 tsp
Grated Ginger : 1 tsp
Garam Masala : 1 tsp
Handful of chopped cilantro
1. Grind the sweet corn kernels into a coarse paste and set aside.
2. Heat a table spoon of oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds. Once they start to splutter, add the finely chopped chillies and grated ginger and fry for a couple of seconds. Now add the finely chopped green chillies and grated ginger and fry for a minute.
3. Add the chopped onions and fry till the onions are translucent. Now add the sweet corn paste, turmeric, salt, garam masala, red chilli powder and little water and mix well. Cover with a lid and cook for 5 minutes.
4. Switch off the flame and add the lemon juice and chopped cilantro and combine well.
5. Spread this mixture evenly on the bread slices and toast with a little butter or oil until both sides are golden brown.
6. Serve hot with tomato ketchup.