Methi Poha |Flattened Rice with Fenugreek Leaves Recipe
Preparation & Cooking Time : 15 mins
Serves: 3 persons
Thick Poha / Thick Flattened Rice : 2 cups
Methi / Fenugreek Leaves : 1 cup
Onion : 1 big sized
Green Chillies : 3- 5
Curry Leaves : 1 sprig
Lemon : 1
Turmeric Powder : 1/2 tsp
Peanuts : 1 tbsp
Mustard Seeds : 1 tsp
Chana Dal : 1 tsp
Urad Dal : 1 tsp
A pinch of hing
Salt to taste
Oil : 1 tbsp
1. Wash the poha with plenty of water. Drain and set aside.
2. Peel and chop the onion into small pieces and keep them aside.
3. Heat a tablespoon of oil in a pan. Add the mustard seeds, chana dal, urad dal and peanuts and let them splutter.
4. Then add the slit green chillies, curry leaves and hing and fry for a few seconds. Add the chopped onions and fry till the onions are translucent.
5. Now add the fenugreek leaves and turmeric powder. Fry until the leaves wilt. Add the soaked poha and salt and mix well.
6. Switch off the flame and add the lemon juice to it. Combine well and serve.
- You can also check other Breakfast recipes here
- Check out other recipes of Poha here
- Back to Recipe Index