Mullangi Pudina Pachadi ~ Mint and Radish Chutney Recipe
Preparation & Cooking Time : 20 mins
Serves: 4 persons
Grated Radish / Mooli : 1 cup
Fresh Mint Leaves : 1 cup, packed
Green chillies : 3- 5
Tamarind : 1 inch piece
Salt to taste
Oil : 2 tsp
For Tempering :
Mustard Seeds : 1/4 tsp
Urad Dal : 1/4 tsp
Oil : 1 tsp
A pinch of hing (optional)
1. Soak the tamarind in water for 10 minutes and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan and add the slit green chillies and fry for a minute. Now add the grated radish and mint leaves to it and fry for 3 - 5 minutes till the raw smell disappears. Remove from the heat and let it cool.
3. Grind the radish mix, soaked tamarind and some salt to a smooth paste by adding little water. Transfer the chutney into a bowl and keep it aside.
4. Heat a teaspoon of oil in a pan for seasoning. Add the mustard seeds and urad dal and let them splutter. When the seeds stop popping, add the hing and stir for a few seconds and turn off the heat.
5. Pour the tempered ingredients over the chutney and combine well. Serve with idli, dosa , pongal or upma.
Check out other chutney recipes for breakfast:
- Tomato Onion Coriander Chutney
- Palli Pudina Pachadi
- Onion Peanut Chutney Recipe
- Tomato Onion Chutney
- Coconut Pudina Pachadi
- Kobbari Tomato Pachadi