Sweet Corn and Paneer Vada / Corn Cottage Cheese Fritters Recipe:
Preparation & Cooking Time : 20 - 25 mins
Makes about 14 - 16
Sweet Corn : 1 cup
Crumbled Paneer / Cottage Cheese : 1/ 2 cup (You can also make paneer at home)
Onion : 1 small sized
Besan / Chickpea Flour : 3 tbsp
Rice Flour : 1 tbsp
Green Chillies : 3
Ginger : 2 inch piece
Cilantro / Coriander Leaves
Salt to taste
Oil for deep frying
1. Grind the sweet corn, green chillies and ginger into a paste.
2. Combine the ground sweet corn, paneer, chickpea flour, rice flour, chopped onion, chopped cilantro and salt in a mixing bowl. Mix very well and set aside.
3. Heat oil in a deep frying pan. Apply little oil or water on palm and take a small amount of corn mixture, flatten lightly with fingers and drop it into hot oil.
4. Deep fry them until golden brown color and crispy and remove from the oil.
5. Serve on a cloudy day with a cup of hot coffee or tea.