I have already posted peanut tomato chutney and peanut onion chutney. This is another version with mint leaves.
This chutney goes well with breakfast dishes like rice rava upma, corn dosa, millet pongal, mixed veg pongal and even makki ki roti. If you are looking for more recipes, then do check this Recipe Index.
Mint and Peanut Chutney Recipe for Tiffins:
Preparation & Cooking Time : 25 mins
Serves: 5 persons
Peanuts: 1/2 cup
Fresh Mint Leaves: 1/2 cup, packed
Onion: 1 large sized
Green Chillies: 6
Tamarind Extract : 1 tbsp or as needed
Salt to taste
Oil: 2 tsp
Mustard Seeds: 1/2 tsp
Urad Dal: 1/2 tsp
Cumin Seeds: 1/4 tsp
Hing: 1/8 tsp
Oil: 1 tsp
1. Heat a heavy bottomed pan on a medium heat, slowly roast the peanut to golden brown color. Cool and rub the skins off.
2. Heat oil in a pan and add the chopped onions and slit green chillies.
3. Fry the onions until light brown color. Take them out of the pan and set aside.
4. In the same pan, add the mint leaves and fry for 3 - 4 minutes and turn off the flame and allow it to cool.
5.Grind the roasted peanuts, tamarind pulp, sauteed onions, sauteed mint and some salt to a smooth paste by adding little water.
6. Transfer the chutney into a bowl and keep it aside.
7. Heat a teaspoon of oil in a pan for seasoning. Add the mustard seeds and urad dal and let them splutter.
8. When the seeds stop popping, add the hing and stir for a few seconds and turn off the heat.
9. Pour the tempered ingredients over the chutney and combine well. Serve with idli, dosa , pongal or upma.