If you are looking for more Navratri Naivedyam recipes then do check Miriyam Pulihora, Bellam Pongali, Chakra Pongali, Kobbari Annam, Kobbari Payasam and Coconut Rava Kesari.
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook time: 15 mins | Serves: 2
- 1/2 cup Raw Rice
- 1.5 cups Water
- 1 cup Yogurt
- 1/4 cup Milk (boiled and cooled)
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Chana Dal
- 1/2 tsp Urad Dal
- 2 - 3 Green Chillies, chopped
- 2 Dried Red Chillies
- 1 Sprig Curry Leaves
- A pinch of Hing
- 2 tsp Oil
- Wash and pressure cook the rice with 1 and 1/2 cups of water for 3 - 4 whistles.
- For the paste, soak a teaspoon of mustard seeds in little water for 10 minutes.
- Lightly mash the cooked rice and let it cool a bit. When it is still warm, add the milk and combine well. Let it cool completely.
- Grind the soaked mustard seeds to a paste using mortar and pestle.
- Add this paste, salt and yogurt to the rice and mix very well.
- Heat oil in a pan for seasoning. Add the mustard seeds, chana dal and urad dal and let them splutter. Add the green chillies, curry leaves, red chillies and hing to it and fry for a couple of seconds.
- Add this to the curd rice and mix well.