Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook time: 20 mins | Serves: 2
Recipe adapted from Tarla Dalal's Chaat Cookbook
- 4 Pavs
- 1 Large Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Capsicum, small sized
- 2 Tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves, finely chopped
- 3 - 4 tbsp Butter
- 1/2 to 1 tbsp Pav Bhaji Masala Powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- Red Chilli Powder as needed
- Salt to taste
- Chopped Coriander Leaves
- Lemon Wedges for serving
- Heat 2 tbsp of butter in a pan and add the onion pieces. Fry the onions till they become translucent.
- Add the chopped capsicum and garlic to it and fry for a minute.
- Now add the tomatoes, turmeric, salt, red chilli powder and pav bhaji masala powder and mix well.
- Add little water and cook until tomatoes are soft and mushy.
- Add the coriander leaves and combine. Switch off the flame and keep it aside.
- Slice the pav almost in half and set aside.
- Heat the butter on tawa / pan and toast the pav on both sides.
- Spread the prepared masala on the inner side of the pav. Smear the masala all over the bread and remove from the pan.
- Serve hot with lemon wedges.
You might also like to check these recipes: