Rava Laddu / Ladoo (Sweet Semolina Balls with Cashews, Raisins and Cardamom)
Preparation & Cooking Time : 25mins
Makes about 12 – 14 laddoos
Semolina/ Suji: 1 cup
Sugar : 1 cup
Finely grated or powdered dry coconut : 1/2 cup
Milk: 1/4 cup or as required
Cardamom Pods: 4
Handful of Cashews and Raisins
Ghee: 2 – 3 tbsp
the sugar and cardamom seeds into a powder and set aside.
2. Heat ghee in a
heavy bottomed frying pan and fry the cashews until light brown color.
Then add the raisins and fry until it plumps up. Take them out of the
ghee and set aside.
3. In the same pan, add the semolina and fry
continuously on a medium flame till they change color to light golden.
4. Now add the coconut, powdered sugar and roasted nuts to it and mix well.
5. Sprinkle the milk over the semolina mixture and mix well with a spatula.
6. When the mixture is warm enough to handle take a little portion of it and roll into balls.
7. Its best to consume within 4-5 days of making them.