Bread Upma Recipe – Easy, tasty and quick upma recipe for breakfast or snacks
Bread Upma is a simple and super quick South Indian style breakfast dish. This can be served as a breakfast or a snack. I have used onions, tomatoes and some spices to make this easy bread upma recipe. You can also add any of your favorite vegetables to make this upma more delicious. You can use white, wheat, multi-grain or any bread.
Few More Breakfast Recipes on the blog:
- Rava Upma Recipe (with video)
- Roti Poha Recipe
- Matar Poha
- Methi Paratha
- Gujarati Panki Recipe
- Paneer Pav Bhaji
- Idiyappam Recipe
Bread Upma Recipe Preparation:
How to Make Bread Upma
South Indian Style Upma made with Bread slices.
- 4 Bread Slices
- 1 Onion
- 2 small Tomatoes finely chopped
- 1 Green Chilli finely chopped
- ½ tsp Mustard Seeds
- ½ tsp Urad Dal
- ½ tsp Chana Dal
- ½ inch piece of Ginger finely chopped
- A sprig Coriander Leaves
- A pinch of Turmeric Powder
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- Cut the bread slices into cubes and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds, chana dal and urad dal. Let them splutter.
- Add the finely chopped ginger and green chillies and fry for a couple of seconds.
- Add the chopped onion and fry until they are light brown color.
- Now add the chopped tomato, turmeric and salt and cook until tomatoes are mushy.
- Add the cubed bread slices to the cooked tomato mixture and mix until combined.
- Cook for 2 minutes and add the chopped coriander leaves.
- Turn off the flame and serve hot.
Nutrition values are estimates only.