- Chopped Carrots : 1 cup
- Onion : 1 big sized
- Spicy Dalia Powder : 1 tbsp
- Mustard Seeds : ½ tsp
- Chana Dal : ½ tsp
- Urad Dal : ½ tsp
- Curry Leaves : 1 sprig
- Dried Red Chillies : 2
- A pinch of turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- Oil : 2 tsp
1. Peel and chop the onions into small pieces and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan and add the urad dal, chana dal and mustard seeds. Once they start to splutter, add the broken red chillies and curry
leaves and fry for a couple of seconds.
3. Add the
chopped onions and fry till the onions are translucent. Now add the
chopped carrots, turmeric powder and salt and mix well.
handful of water, cover with a lid and cook until the
pieces become tender.
5. When it’s done, add the dalia powder and mix very
well. Serve hot with steamed rice.