And here’s a complete list of Diwali Sweets and Snacks Recipes
Rice Flour Chegodilu / Ring Murukku Recipe
- 1 cup Rice Flour
- 1 cup Water
- 1.5 tbsp Moong Dal
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp White Sesame Seeds
- 1.5 to 2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
- Soak the moong dal in water for 30 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a wide and heavy bottomed vessel, boil one cup of water. Then add the soaked moong dal, salt and a tablespoon of oil to it. Bring it to a boil.
- Reduce the flame to low and slowly add the rice flour to the boiling water.
- Combine the flour with water by stirring it well. Turn off the flame.
- Cover the vessel with a lid and keep it aside for 10 minutes.
- Let it cool completely.
- Once cool, add the red chilli powder, sesame seeds and cumin seeds and mix well.
- Knead the dough till smooth.
- To make the chegodis, grease your hands with little oil and pinch a marble size ball of the dough and roll between your palms to form a little thick rope.
- Join the ends together to make a ring. Cover them with a lid to prevent drying.
- Heat oil in a pan for deep frying.
- When the oil is hot (not smoking hot), slowly drop the prepared rings one by one.
- Deep fry them until crisp and golden brown color.
- Drain in kitchen towels and let them cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.
You might also like to check these recipes: