Rava Payasam is a simple, delicious, rich and creamy Indian dessert made with semolina, milk, nuts and cardamom. This kheer is one of the easy and quick desserts and perfect for any festive occasions.
Few More Kheer Recipes on the blog:
- Semiya Payasam
- Wheat Rava Coconut Payasam
- Paneer Payasam
- Ada Pradhaman
- Senagapappu Payasam
- Millet Payasam
- Semiya Coconut Milk Payasam
- Apple Mawa Kheer
How to Make Rava Payasam Recipe Video Below:
Rava Payasam or Sooji Kheer Recipe
How to Make Rava Payasam with Step by Step Photos and Video. Creamy and delicious Indian dessert or kheer made with semolina, milk, cardamom and nuts.
- 2 cups Milk
- 2.5 tbsp Semolina
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1 tbsp Desiccated Coconut
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 8 Cashew Nuts
- 8 Raisins
- 1 - 1.5 tbsp Ghee
- Heat ghee in a heavy bottomed pan and add the cashews.
- Roast until they are light brown color. Add raisins and continue roasting until they are golden brown color.
- Remove them from ghee and set aside.
- In the same ghee, add semolina and keep stirring over a low-medium flame for about a minute or until light golden color.
- Pour milk to it and mix well.
- Let it cook the semolina in milk for about 5 minutes.
- When the semolina is cooked, add sugar, coconut and cardamom powder and combine well.
- Let it boil for another 5 minutes.
- When the kheer is a little thick in texture, add the ghee roasted nuts and combine.
- Turn off the flame and serve.
- This payasam will thicken more as it cools.
Calories: 289kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 29mg | Sodium: 71mg | Potassium: 264mg | Sugar: 25g | Vitamin A: 265IU | Calcium: 184mg | Iron: 0.8mg
Rava Payasam Recipe with Step by Step Photos:
- Heat a heavy bottomed pan and add 1 – 1.5 tablespoons of ghee. Add cashews to the melted ghee and roast until light golden color.
- Then add raisins and continue roasting until they are golden brown color.
- Remove the roasted cashews and raisins from the ghee and keep them aside.
- In the same ghee, add sooji / semolina and roast over a low-medium flame for about a minute or until light golden color. Do not burn the rava.
- When the rava is roasted, add milk.
- Mix well and let it cook for about 5 minutes.
- When you feel rava is cooked completely, add sugar, desiccated coconut and cardamom powder to it.
- Mix everything and let it boil for another 5 minutes.
- When the kheer is a little thick in texture, add the ghee roasted nuts and combine well.
- Remove the kheer from the heat and serve.
- This kheer will thicken more as it cools.