If you are looking for more South Indian Rice recipes then do check Aava Pettina Pulihora, Aava Daddojanam, Miriyam Pulihora, Pulihora, Mamidikaya Pulihora, Bellam Pongali, Paramannam and Dabbakaya Pulihora.
South Indian Lemon Rice / Nimbu Chawal Recipe Hari Chandana PIndian, South IndianMain, Rice Dishes
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook time: 20 mins | Serves: 2-3
- 3 cups Cooked Rice
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 2 tsp Chana Dal
- 1 tsp Urad Dal
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/8 tsp Asafoetida / Hing
- 2 tbsp Peanuts
- 10 Cashews
- 4 Green Chillies or as needed
- 2 Dried Red Chillies
- 1 Sprig Curry Leaves
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- Spread the cooked rice on a wide plate and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds, chana dal, urad dal and peanuts. Fry till they start to brown a little.
- Then add the cashews and fry until they are golden browned.
- Add slit green chillies, red chillies and curry leaves and fry for a few seconds.
- Now add the hing and fry for a couple of seconds.
- Add turmeric and turn off the flame.
- Pour this mixture on the rice.
- Add salt and lemon juice to the rice and combine everything.
You might also like to check these recipes:
- Teepi Undrallu
- Pesara Garelu
- Pala Munjalu
- Rava Payasam
- Senagapappu Payasam
- Rava Appalu
- Rava Kudumulu
- Paal Kesari
- Gongura Pulusu Kura
- Mamidikaya Sambar
- Ash Gourd Pindi Miriyam
- Vankaya Sambar