If you are looking for more South Indian Rice recipes then do check Aava Pettina Pulihora, Aava Daddojanam, Miriyam Pulihora, Pulihora, Mamidikaya Pulihora, Bellam Pongali, Paramannam and Dabbakaya Pulihora.
South Indian Lemon Rice / Nimbu Chawal Recipe
Hari Chandana PIndian, South IndianMain, Rice Dishes
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook time: 20 mins | Serves: 2-3
- 3 cups Cooked Rice
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 2 tsp Chana Dal
- 1 tsp Urad Dal
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
- ⅛ tsp Asafoetida / Hing
- 2 tbsp Peanuts
- 10 Cashews
- 4 Green Chillies or as needed
- 2 Dried Red Chillies
- 1 Sprig Curry Leaves
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- Spread the cooked rice on a wide plate and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds, chana dal, urad dal and peanuts. Fry till they start to brown a little.
- Then add the cashews and fry until they are golden browned.
- Add slit green chillies, red chillies and curry leaves and fry for a few seconds.
- Now add the hing and fry for a couple of seconds.
- Add turmeric and turn off the flame.
- Pour this mixture on the rice.
- Add salt and lemon juice to the rice and combine everything.
You might also like to check these recipes:
- Teepi Undrallu
- Pesara Garelu
- Pala Munjalu
- Rava Payasam
- Senagapappu Payasam
- Rava Appalu
- Rava Kudumulu
- Paal Kesari
- Gongura Pulusu Kura
- Mamidikaya Sambar
- Ash Gourd Pindi Miriyam
- Vankaya Sambar
One of my faves, looks perfect !
My all time fav..
My fav…looks ymmy!!
Jagruti જાગૃતિ says
perfect lemon rice..love the colour !
Chow and Chatter says
looks great love lemon rice like the cashews in here
kitchen queen says
Aha! lovely and delicious lemon rice which is my all time favourite.
Jaisy James says
looks lovely this ws my fav dish in my school days. thanks for rememberng my good old days thank u dear
My kitchen skills says
Nimmakaya pulihora chala tempting ga vundi…this is my all time fav rice…
WAW this is my favourite rice..chala bagundhi chandu photo..nice click na…