Recipe Reference : Sanjeev Kapoor
- Cooked Ada : 1 cup
- Fresh Grated Coconut : 1.5 cups
- Powdered Jaggery : 1 cup
- Cardamom Pods : 4
- Ghee : 1/4 cup
For Garnishing :
1. Crush the cardamom seeds to a powder in a mortar and pestle and keep it aside.
2. Heat the ghee in a pan. Add and fry the cashew nuts, raisins and coconut pieces. Set aside when the nuts turn golden brown color.
3. Soak the grated coconut in one cup of warm water for a couple of minutes. Grind the coconut until smooth. Strain and extract the thick coconut milk and set aside.
4. Repeat the same procedure using the same coconut with another cup of water.
5. Combine the seconds coconut milk, one cup of water and cooked ada in a deep and heavy bottomed vessel and cook for 5 minutes.
6. Add the powdered jaggery and continue cooking till the mixture thickens.
7. Add the remaining ghee and cardamom powder to it and mix well.
8. Now add the thick coconut milk and switch off the flame. Mix well and garnish with fried nuts.
9. Serve as a dessert.