|Pakundalu ~ Andhra Traditional Festival Recipe|
- Homemade Rice Flour : 2 cups
- Powdered Jaggery : 1 cup
- grated Coconut : 1 tbsp
- Cardamom Powder : 1/2 tsp
- Ghee / Oil
Rice Flour Preparation :
1. Wash and soak the rice overnight and drain the water completely.
2. Then grind the rice into a very fine powder and sieve it.
3. The flour should be slightly damp.
1. In a heavy bottomed pan, add the powdered jaggery and little water and cook till it melts.
2. Strain the jaggery water to remove any dirt.
3. And bring back to heat and cook on a low flame till it becomes thick syrup ( 2 thread consistency ). To test, add a few drops of jaggery syrup to the cold water, and it should become lumpy.
4. Switch off the flame and add the cardamom powder, grated coconut and a tablespoon of ghee to it and mix .
5. Slowly add the rice flour and mix well without forming any lumps.
6. Mix very well to make a soft dough and allow it to cool completely.
7. Divide the dough into a small and smooth balls and set aside.
8. Heat ghee / oil in a deep frying vessel. And deep fry the dough balls till it becomes golden brown color on medium flame.
9. Remove from the oil and cool.
10. Store in a airtight container and serve as a sweet snack.