Preparation & Cooking Time : 35 - 40 mins
Serves : 4 persons
For the Dough:
- Sorghum Flour : 1.5 cups
- Salt to taste
- Oil : 1 tsp
For Tempering :
- Green Chillies : 4 - 5
- Dried Red Chillies : 2
- Peanuts : 1 tbsp
- Lemon : 1 Large sized
- Mustard Seeds : 1 tsp
- Chana Dal : 1 tsp
- Urad Dal : 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder : 1/4 tsp
- Hing : 1/8 tsp
- Curry Leaves : 2 sprigs
- Oil : 1 tbsp
1. Combine the sorghum flour, salt and oil in a wide bowl.
2. Add the hot water little by little to the flour, mix very well with a spatula and make a soft dough. Knead it well. The dough should be soft and smooth.
3. Grease the idli plates with oil and set aside. Fill the sev press with the dough and press it onto greased idli plates. Steam it for 10 - 12 minutes.
4. Heat oil in pan for tempering. Add the mustard seeds, chana dal, peanuts and urad dal and let them splutter. Add the broken red chillies, split green chillies, hing and curry leaves and fry for a minute.
5. Now add steamed sorghum flour noodles and turmeric to it and mix well. Switch off the heat and add the lemon juice to it.
6. Adjust the salt and mix well. Serve as a breakfast or snack.
- You can also check other Breakfast recipes here
- Check out other recipes of Ragi / Finger Millet here
- Back to Recipe Index