|Pazham Pori ~ Authentic Kerala Snack Recipe|
Preparation & Cooking Time : 15 mins
Serves : 4 persons
- Ripe Plantains : 5 or 6
- Maida : 1 cup
- Rice Flour : 2 tbsp
- Sugar : 3 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder : 1/4 tsp
- Water : 1 cup ( more or less )
- A pinch of cooking soda
- A pinch of salt
- Oil for deep frying
|Sliced Ripe Plantains|
1. Peel and cut the plantain horizontally into two halves and then slice them lengthwise.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the both flours, sugar, turmeric powder, salt and cooking soda.
3. Add water little by little and make a smooth and medium thick batter.
|My Lovely Banana fritters :)|
4. Dip the sliced plantains in the batter and fry them in the hot oil.
5. Fry until golden brown and drain on a paper towel.
6. Serve with a cup of hot tea.