If you are looking for more snack recipes then do check Methi na gota, Soya Peas Samosa, Peanut Chakli, Gur Para, Baked Namakpara, Bhutte Ka Kees, Gujarati Gathiya, Masala Pav, Kothimbir Vadi, Lobia Vada and Aloo Bhujia.
Nimki / Namak Para Recipe:
Preparation & Cooking Time: 45 - 50 mins
Plain Flour / Maida : 1 cup
Melted Ghee: 2 - 3 tbsp
Ajwain / Carom Seeds: 3/4 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil for deep frying
1. Combine the plain flour, ajwain seeds and salt in a wide bowl. Add the heated ghee to the flour and mix very well.
2. Make a soft dough by adding the water little by little. Cover with a lid, set aside for 30 minutes.
3.Then knead the dough for a couple of minutes and divide into 6 equal portions.
4. Roll the each dough ball into a big circle and cut into small strips or diamonds using a knife.
5. Heat oil in a pan and when it is hot, drop the pieces in oil.
6. Deep fry them on a medium flame until light golden brown color, turn over to fry on both sides evenly.
7. Drain them in a tissue paper. Cool down completely and store in a airtight container.
You might also like to check these recipes:
- Saag Aloo
- Roasted Plantain Curry
- Paneer Capsicum Stir Fry
- Shahi Paneer
- Til Mawa Laddu
- Doda Burfi
- Gulab Jamun
- Pudina Rice
- Radish Chutney
- Mint Coriander Chutney
- Kanchipuram Upma
- Moong dal Tadka
- Bengali Dal Chenchki