Bellam Sajja Rotte ~ Sweet Pearl Millet Roti Recipe:
Preparation & Cooking Time : 15 - 20 mins
Serves: 2 persons
Pearl Millet Flour / Sajja Pindi : 1 cup
Powdered Jaggery : 3/4 cup
Wheat Flour : 2 tbsp
Grated Dry Coconut : 1 tbsp
Cardamom Powder : 1/2 tsp
Oil / Ghee
1. Add a very little water to jaggery and cook until the jaggery melts.
2. Combine the pearl millet flour, wheat flour, cardamom powder and grated coconut in a mixing bowl.
3. Add the melted jaggery to it and make a soft dough. Add little more water if required.
4. Divide the dough into lemon sized balls.
5. Now flatten each dough ball on a greased banana leaf or plastic sheet to form a small and thick circle.
6. Place it on a heated tava / pan and cook on a medium flame.
7. Add a little oil or ghee around the edges. Carefully flip the roti and cook on the other side. Serve as a snack.