Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook time: 35 mins | Serves: 4-5
Recipe adapted from Martha Stewart
- 3/4 cup All purpose flour / Maida
- 3/4 cup Mashed Banana (about 2 ripe bananas)
- 6 tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Oil
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence
- Mix the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda and sieve this together to ensure even mixing. Keep this aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree C.
- Grease an 7" round cake pan with oil and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the mashed banana, sugar, oil and vanilla essence until combined.
- Slowly add the sifted flour to the banana mixture and gently fold the mixture until the batter shows no trace of flour. Don't overmix or overbeat.
- Pour this batter into the prepared cake tin.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 degree C for 35 minutes or till a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool down for 15 minutes and then invert.
- Let it cool completely and cut into pieces.
- Serve & enjoy!
You might also like to check these eggless recipes: