If you are looking for more curry recipes then do check Saag Aloo, Arbi Ka Saag, Aloo Palak, Aloo Ka Rassawala Shaak, Shahi Paneer, Paneer Capsicum Stir Fry, Methi Carrot Sabzi, Paneer Palak Bhurji and Rajma Palak.
Punjabi Baingan Bharta Recipe
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook time: 25 mins | Serves: 4-5
Author:Hari Chandana P
Cuisine: North Indian
Recipe type: Side dish
- 1 Eggplant / Aubergine / Brinjal, big sized
- 1 heaping cup Tomatoes, chopped
- 2 Onions, medium sized
- 1.5 tsp Coriander Powder
- 3/4 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1.5 tsp Red Chilli Powder or as needed
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/4 tsp Sugar (optional)
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Chopped Coriander Leaves
- Wash and pat dry the eggplant.
- Prick the brinjal with a fork all over.
- Apply little oil over the brinjal and roast over on an open flame, turning every few minutes until it is completely black and soft. Let it cool completely.
- Peel the skin and chop the brinjal into small pieces. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the cumin seeds and fry till they begin to change color.
- Add finely chopped onion and fry till transparent.
- Add ginger garlic paste to it and fry for a minute.
- Add finely chopped tomatoes, garam masala, turmeric, cumin powder, coriander powder, sugar, salt and red chilli powder and combine everything. Cook until mushy.
- Add the chopped roasted eggplant and little water and let it cook for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Add the chopped coriander leaves and turn off the flame.
- Serve hot with roti.
You might also like to check these recipes: