Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
Prep Time: 5 mins|Cook time: 15 mins| Serves: 2 – 3
Author:Hari Chandana P
Recipe type: Main
Recipe adapted from The Kitchn
- 2 cups Pasta, any shape
- ¾ cup Milk ( ½ cup + ½ cup, divided)
- 1.5 cups Grated Cheese (Cheddar or any melting cheese)
- 1 tbsp All Purpose Flour / Maida
- Salt to taste
- Pepper Powder as needed
- Bring water to a boil in a big vessel with salt.
- Add pasta and boil until cooked.
- Do not overcook the pasta. It should be firm to bite, yet cooked through.
- Drain water and rinse with cold water. Drain and keep it aside.
- Dilute the flour in ¼ cup of milk and keep it aside.
- Warm ½ cup of milk in the saucepan over medium flame.
- Add the flour and milk to the warm milk and continue stirring until the milk thickens slightly.
- Turn the heat to low. Add the grated cheese and salt and stir well until the cheese has melted.
- When the sauce is smooth and creamy, remove the pan from the flame.
- Add the cooked pasta to the cheese sauce.
- Combine until well coated.
- Sprinkle some pepper powder and serve immediately while still warm.
- If the sauce is dry after cooing, add little milk and reheat to make it creamy again.