If you are looking for more Murukku Recipes then do check Potato Murukku, Butter Murukku, Peanut Murukulu, Spinach Murukulu, Vermicelli Murukku, Gujarati Gathiya, Garlic Sev and Kara Sev.
Here’s a complete list of Janmashtami Recipes
Pottukadakai Murukku Recipe
Prep Time: 5 mins|Cook time: 15 mins| Makes: 12
Author:Hari Chandana P
Cuisine: South Indian
Recipe type: snacks
- 1 cup Rice Flour
- ¼ cup Roasted Gram Dal Flour
- 1 tbsp Hot Oil
- ½ tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tbsp Sesame Seeds
- ½ tsp Red Chilli Powder
- A big pinch of Hing
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
- In a mixing bowl, combine the
rice flour, roasted gram flour, cumin seeds, hing, red chilli powder,
hot oil, salt and sesame seeds.
- Add water little by little to form a dough.
- Knead it into a soft dough. keep it covered.
- Take a small portion of the dough and place it in the murukku press.
- Now slowly press the murukku press over the hot oil.
- Deep fry them until light golden color. Drain them on paper towels and let them cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.
You might also like to check these Recipes:
- Lemon Tea
- Rava Modak
- Undrallu Recipe
- Wheat Oat Almond Cookies
- Cardamom Cupcakes
- Onion Kuzhambu
- Chocolate Peda
- Meal Maker Gravy