How to make Apple Khoya Kheer Recipe
An easy apple mawa kheer recipe for holi or any other festival.
Servings: 4 people
- 1 cup Grated Apple ( 1 large apple)
- 2 cups Milk
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Khoya / Mawa
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom
- 1 pinch Saffron
Soak the saffron in little warm milk and set aside.
Heat ghee in a pan over medium flame.
Add the grated apple and fry for about 5-6 minutes.
Remove from the flame and let it cool completely.
Pour milk in a heavy bottomed pan and bring it to a boil.
Add the khoya, sugar and saffron milk to the boiling milk and mix well.
Let it boil for about 5 - 7 minutes or until the mixture thickens a little.
Add the cardamom powder and cook for another 2 minutes. Turn off the flame and let it cool down.
Add the prepared apple to the cooled milk mixture and mix well.
Garnish with nuts and refrigerate for sometime. Serve chilled.
- Add more milk if you want thinner consistency.
- Use less or more sugar depending on the sweetness of the apples.
- You can serve this at room temperature or chilled.
- Make sure that you mix the milk mixture and sauteed apple only at room temperature. Otherwise, the kheer may curdle.
Calories: 365kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 37mg | Sodium: 133mg | Potassium: 194mg | Sugar: 34g | Vitamin A: 350IU | Vitamin C: 1.7mg | Calcium: 340mg