If you are looking for Diwali special sweets recipes then do check Chocolate Khoya Burfi, Rajgira Burfi, Bread Rasmalai, Kaju Burfi, Rasgulla, Custard Powder Halwa, Dates Peanut Ladoo, Besan Ka Halwa and Vermicelli Ladoo.
And here’s a complete list of Diwali Sweets and Savouries Recipes
Seven Cups Burfi / 7 Cup Cake Recipe
- 1 cup Besan / Chickpea Flour
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 cup Grated fresh coconut
- 2.5 cups Sugar
- 1.5 cups Ghee (melted)
- ½ tsp Cardamom Powder
- Almonds for garnish
- Roast the sliced almonds in a tsp of ghee until light golden color. Keep them aside
- In the same pan, roast the chickpea flour on a low medium flame until a nice aroma comes and the color slightly changes, taking care not to burn it. Keep it aside.
- Combine the sugar and milk in a heavy bottomed pan. Heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Slowly add the roasted chickpea flour, coconut and cardamom powder and combine well.
- Then add the melted ghee and mix very well to avoid any lumps.
- Stir continuously on a low medium flame.
- When the mixture start leaving the sides of the pan with a porous texture, turn off the flame.
- Immediately pour the mixture on a greased tray and level it with a spatula.
- Sprinkle the roasted almonds on top and press gently.
- When it is still warm, cut into pieces.
- Let them cool completely and store in an airtight container.
You might also like to check these recipes: