If you are looking for more Ganesh Chaturthi Recipes then do check Rava Kudumulu, Rava Modak, Undrallu Recipe, Pala Undrallu, Paal Kozhukattai, Sweet Kudumulu, Sweet Undrallu, Modakam and Fried Modak.
- ½ cup Rice Flour
- ½ cup Jaggery, powdered
- 1.5 cups + ½ cup Water
- 1 tbsp Poppy Seeds
- 1 ½ tsp Ghee
- A pinch of Salt
- ¼ tsp Cardamom Powder
- Dry roast the poppy seeds till they change color. Keep them aside.
- Take the rice flour in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Add ½ cup of water, salt and ½ teaspoon of ghee in a saucepan. Bring water to a rolling boil and turn off the flame.
- Add the boiling water little by little to the flour and mix it well with a spoon.
- Let it cool for 2 – 3 minutes.
- When it is still warm knead it well to make a smooth dough.
- The should be soft.
- Take a round holes disc in the murukku press. Fill the murukku press with the prepared dough and keep it aside.
- Combine the jaggery and 1.5 cups of water in a wide pan and let the jaggery dissolves completely
- Strain the jaggery water to remove any impurities.
- Bring the strained jaggery water to a rolling boil.
- Gently press the murukku maker over the boiling water. Do not stir.
- Cover the pan with a lid.
- Let it cook on a medium flame for 5 – 6 minutes.
- Open the lid and reduce the flame to low.
- Add the roasted poppy seeds, cardamom powder and a teaspoon of ghee to it and mix.
- Serve warm or cold.
Here’s a complete list of Vinayaka Chavithi Naivedyam Recipes.