Doda Burfi / Dodha Barfi RecipeHari Chandana PIndianDessert
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook time: 20 mins | Makes: 6 small pieces
- 1 and ½ cups Khoya / Mawa
- ½ cup Sugar
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- A pinch of Cardamom Powder
- Almonds and Pistachios for Garnish
- Heat ghee in a non stick pan and add the crumbled khoya.
- Let it roast on a low flame until brown color.
- Turn off the flame and keep it aside.
- I a vessel, add the sugar and water (aaprox. 2 tbsp) and stir until the sugar dissolves completely.
- Let it boil for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Add this sugar syrup and cardamom powder to the roasted khoya and mix everything.
- Keep stirring on a medium flame for 2 – 3 minutes or until it leaves the sides of the pan.
- Quickly pour this mixture on a small greased plate.
- Sprinkle the nuts on top and press gently.
- When it is still warm, cut into pieces.
- Let them cool completely and store in an airtight container.
You might also like to check these recipes: