If you are looking for more burfi recipes then do check Rajgira Burfi, 7 cup burfi, chocolate mawa burfi, Kaju Burfi, Besan Butter Burfi and Ragi Kobbari Burfi.
Doda Burfi / Dodha Barfi RecipeHari Chandana PIndianDessert
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook time: 20 mins | Makes: 6 small pieces
- 1 and ½ cups Khoya / Mawa
- ½ cup Sugar
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- A pinch of Cardamom Powder
- Almonds and Pistachios for Garnish
- Heat ghee in a non stick pan and add the crumbled khoya.
- Let it roast on a low flame until brown color.
- Turn off the flame and keep it aside.
- I a vessel, add the sugar and water (aaprox. 2 tbsp) and stir until the sugar dissolves completely.
- Let it boil for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Add this sugar syrup and cardamom powder to the roasted khoya and mix everything.
- Keep stirring on a medium flame for 2 – 3 minutes or until it leaves the sides of the pan.
- Quickly pour this mixture on a small greased plate.
- Sprinkle the nuts on top and press gently.
- When it is still warm, cut into pieces.
- Let them cool completely and store in an airtight container.
You might also like to check these recipes:
kitchen queen says
yummy tempting burfi.
Chandrani Banerjee says
Very simple and delicious burfi.
Vidya Chandrahas says
They look very tempting..yummy burfi.
Kalpana Sareesh says
Hamaree Rasoi says
Loved the look of your doda. Exectly the same color as they sell in shops.
Rafeeda AR says
absolutely melt in the mouth!!!
Shobha Kamath says
Wonderful looking burfi.
Vanamala Hebbar says
Lovely recipe ..will try
jeyashri suresh says
Thanks for the recipe, i tried this and turned out well. Posting in my blog today
suhaina aji says
My favourite too.I too did it some time ago. Best during festive occasion