It’s been a year since we got engaged! I made these Australian Lamingtons.
Lamingtons are very popular in Australia and I wanted to bake these for Valentines day since long, but somehow I ended up making strawberry custard cake, cardamom panna cotta and rose almond cookies. Traditionally lamingtons are made of a sponge cake so I decided to use my eggless cupcakes recipe for this cake. You can use any sponge cake recipe.
A few suggested recipes to make eggless sponge cake:
Australian Strawberry Lamingtons Recipe
Prep Time: 15 mins|Cook time: 35 mins| Makes: 10 -12
Author:Hari Chandana P
Recipe type: dessert
- 3/4 cup + 2 tbsp All purpose flour
- 2 tbsp Corn Flour
- 1/2 cup Strawberry Jam
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 3/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1.5 tsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp Vanilla Essence
- A pinch of Salt
- Desiccated Coconut as needed
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree C.
- Sieve the all purpose flour, corn flour, baking soda and salt together to ensure even mixing. Keep it aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the sugar, milk, oil, lemon juice and vanilla essence and whisk until the sugar dissolves completely.
- Slowly add the sifted flour to it and gently mix until the batter shows no trace of flour.
- Do not overbeat or over mix.
- Quickly pour the batter into the greased square cake tin and place it in the preheated oven.
- Bake at 180 degree C for about 30 – 35 minutes or till a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool completely.
- You can also refrigerate the cake for sometime to cut into neat square cubes.
- Trim the cake and cut into squares. Keep them aside.
- Heat the strawberry jam until melted and smooth.
- Dip the cake piece into the melted jam and remove any excess.
- Transfer it to a bowl of coconut and roll it in the coconut until well coated.
- Place them on a wire rack to set for 15 minutes.
- Store them in an airtight container for couple of days.
Here ia a full video of making Homemade Strawberry Lamingtons.
You might also like to check these recipes: