If you are looking for more eggless cookies recipes then do check Saffron cookies, Jowar chocolate cookies, Wheat cashew cookies, Pearl millet almond cookies, Ragi thumbprint cookies and Nankhatai.
Eggless Candied Fruit Cookies / Tutti Frutti Cookies Recipe
Hari Chandana PWorld, IndianCookies
Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook time: 15 mins | Makes: 30 Cookies
Recipe adapted from here
- 1 cup All Purpose flour/ Maida
- 6 tbsp Unsalted Butter, softened
- ½ cup Powdered Sugar
- 5 tbsp Tutti Frutti / Candied Fruit
- 1 – 2 tbsp Milk
- In a mixing bowl, add the softened butter and powdered sugar and mix it until light and fluffy.
- Add the flour and mix well.
- Now add the tutti frutti and combine well. Sprinkle milk to form a soft and sticky dough.
- The dough should be slightly sticky but firm enough to hold its shape
- Roll the dough into a log about 5cm in diameter. Wrap it tightly in plastic sheet or wax paper.
- Keep the log in the freezer for 40 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 160 degree C.
- Remove the dough log from freezer and cut the log into 5mm thick slices.
- Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, leaving some space between them.
- Bake them in the preheated oven at 16 degree C for 12 – 15 minutes or until the edges are slightly golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool down for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Transfer them to a wire rack and let them cool.
- They will be soft when taken out, but will firm up once they cool.
- Store in an airtight container.
You might also like to check these Baking Recipes:
Pamela @ Brooklyn Farm Girl says
These cookies look super delicious!
jeyashri suresh says
beautifully clicked and delicious cookies
Those are adorable cookies. I am a huge fan of tutty frutty.
These cookies look so cute. I love tutti fruit so will try them soon. I have a doubt though. Will the cookies bake at low temp of 160 C? Please help me with answer. Thank you. Rajani.
Hari Chandana P says
Yes, these cookies will bake at 160 C. Thank you! 🙂
Sangeetha M says
Hi Hari Chandana
tried this cookies this week..it come out so well, tasted so delicious and my kids also loved it. Thank You so much for this easy cookie recipe. I even posted it on my blog 🙂 Thanks again!
Tried it today n was a superhit at home…tks for sharing the recipe
Priya Shiva says
Tired these cookies today and they are fantastic. Just shared the recipe on my blog with due credit. Thank you 🙂