Eggless Candied Fruit Cookies / Tutti Frutti Cookies Recipe
Hari Chandana PWorld, IndianCookies
Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook time: 15 mins | Makes: 30 Cookies
Recipe adapted from here
- 1 cup All Purpose flour/ Maida
- 6 tbsp Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 5 tbsp Tutti Frutti / Candied Fruit
- 1 – 2 tbsp Milk
- In a mixing bowl, add the softened butter and powdered sugar and mix it until light and fluffy.
- Add the flour and mix well.
- Now add the tutti frutti and combine well. Sprinkle milk to form a soft and sticky dough.
- The dough should be slightly sticky but firm enough to hold its shape
- Roll the dough into a log about 5cm in diameter. Wrap it tightly in plastic sheet or wax paper.
- Keep the log in the freezer for 40 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 160 degree C.
- Remove the dough log from freezer and cut the log into 5mm thick slices.
- Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, leaving some space between them.
- Bake them in the preheated oven at 16 degree C for 12 – 15 minutes or until the edges are slightly golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool down for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Transfer them to a wire rack and let them cool.
- They will be soft when taken out, but will firm up once they cool.
- Store in an airtight container.
You might also like to check these Baking Recipes: