Andhra Gongura Pulusu Koora ~ Sorrel Leaves Lentil Curry Recipe:
Sorrel Leaves : 2 cups, packed
Chana Dal : 1/4 cup
Onion : 1 big
Green Chillies : 3 – 4
Rice Flour : 1 tsp
Red Chilli Powder : 1/4 tsp (Optional)
Mustard Seeds : 1/2 tsp
Urad Dal : 1/2 tsp
Cumin Seeds : 1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder: 1/2 tsp
Hing : 1/8 tsp
Oil : 2 tsp
1. Wash the pressure cook the chana dal with 1/2 cup of water for 3 whistles.
2. Peel and chop the onion into big pieces.
Put the rinsed sorrel leaves, chopped onion, slit green chillies,
turmeric powder and water in a vessel.
3. Cover with a lid and let it cook
4. Now add the cooked chana dal, rice flour, salt and red chilli powder and mix.
5. You can add more water if you want a
little more gravy. Cook for a couple of minutes and remove from the
6. Heat oil in a pan for seasoning. Add the mustard seeds, cumin
seeds and urad dal and let them splutter.
7. When it turns golden brown
color add the hing and turn off the flame.
8. Pour this seasoned
ingredients over the cooked mixture and combine well.
9. Serve hot with
rice, papad and a dollop of ghee.
You might also like to check these similar recipes: