|Foxtail Millet and Coconut Payash|
- Millet / Foxtail Millet : 1 cup
- Grated fresh coconut : 1 cup
- Powdered Jaggery : 1.5 cups
- Milk : 2 to 2.5 cups
- Water : 3 cups
- Cardamom Pods : 4
- Chopped Almonds : 1 tbsp
- Chopped Cashews : 1 tbsp
- Raisins : 1 tsp
- Ghee : 1 tbsp
|~ Kobbari Korrala Payasamu ~|
1. Crush the cardamom seeds coarsely with a mortar and pestle and keep it aside.
2. Heat the ghee in a sauce pan. Add and fry the chopped nuts. Set aside when the nuts turn golden brown color.
3. In the same pan, add 3 cups of water and boil for a few minutes. Reduce the flame to low.
4. Add the rinsed millet and mix well.
5. Cover with a lid and cook for about 15 to 20 minutes, stirring in between.
6. When it’s done, add the powdered jaggery and grated coconut and allow the jaggery to melt.
7. Add the milk and freshly ground cardamom powder and cook for another 5 minutes.
8. Switch off the flame and garnish with roasted nuts and raisins.
9. Serve as a dessert.