If you are looking for more chutney recipes then do check Palakura Kandi Pachadi, Tomato Pesara Pachadi, Radish Pachadi, Sorakaya Pachadi, Tomato Peanut chutney, Peanut Mint Chutney and Carrot Pachadi.
Mamidikaya Pesara Pappu Pachadi Recipe
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook time: 10 mins | Serves: 4
Author: Hari Chandana P
Cuisine: South Indian
Recipe type: Side dish
- ½ cup Split Yellow Mung Lentils / Moong Dal
- ½ – ¾ cup Raw Mango, peeled & chopped (depends on the sourness of the mango)
- 4 Dried Red Chillies
- ½ tsp Cumin Seeds
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Oil
- ¼ tsp Mustard Seeds
- ¼ tsp Urad Dal
- 1 Sprig Curry Leaves
- 1 Dried Red Chilli
- 1.5 tsp Oil
- A pinch of Hing
- Heat a teaspoon of oil in a pan.
- Add the moong dal and roast continuously on a low flame till golden brown color.
- Then add the cumin seeds and roast for a few seconds.
- Transfer it to a plate and set aside.
- In the same pan, add and roast the red chillies for a few seconds.
- Let them cool completely.
- Grind the roasted moong dal and red chillies into a coarse powder.
- Then add the chopped mango and salt and grind it to a little coarse paste by adding water.
- Transfer the chutney into a bowl.
- Heat oil in a pan for seasoning.
- Add the mustard seeds and urad dal and let them splutter.
- Once the urad dal is brown, add the curry leaves, hing and red chilli.
- Immediately pour this over the ground chutney and combine well.
- Serve with hot steamed rice and ghee.
You might also like to check these recipes:
- Mango Pulusu
- Millet with Mango
- Mamidikaya Borugula Pulihora
- Kalchina Aratikaya Koora
- Potlakaya Perugu Pachadi
- Wheat Coconut Cookies
- Phool Makhane Ki Kheer
- Ulundu Kozhukattai
- Butter Cup Corn