Foxtail Millet with Mint Leaves / Pudina Korra Annam Recipe
- 1.5 cups Millet / Foxtail Millet / Korra Biyyam
- 1 cup Mint Leaves, tightly packed
- 1 cup Onion, chopped lengthwise
- 2 Tomatoes large
- 5 Green Chillies
- 10 Cashews
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 3 tbsp Oil
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
- Salt to taste
- Put the rinsed millet and 3 cups of water in a pressure cooker and cook till 3 whistles.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the cumin seeds and let them crackle.
- Now add the slit green chillies and fry for a few seconds.
- Add the sliced onion and fry until translucent.
- Then add the turmeric and tomatoes to it and mix. Cover with a lid and let it cook until tomatoes are mushy.
- Spread the cooked millet on a wide plate and let it cool a bit.
- Grind the mint leaves into a coarse paste and add it to the tomatoes mixture.
- Mix well and fry for 5 minutes.
- Now add the cooked millet and salt and combine well.
- Turn off the flame and serve hot with raita.
Nutrition values are estimates only.
You might also like to check these recipes: