Mumbai Masala Pav Recipe
- 4 Pavs
- 1/2 cup Onion finely chopped
- 1 Capsicum, small sized
- 1/2 cup Tomatoes finely chopped
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 2 tsp Pav Bhaji Masala Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 Red Chilli Powder or as needed
- Salt to taste
- Chopped Coriander Leaves
- 1 Lemon
- Heat 2 tbsp of butter in a pan. Add cumin seeds and saute until aromatic. Add the onion pieces. Fry the onions till they become translucent.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and saute for a minute. Add the chopped capsicum and garlic to it and fry for two minutes.
- Now add the tomatoes and saute for 2 minutes. Add turmeric, salt, red chilli powder and pav bhaji masala powder and mix well.
- Add a little water and cook until tomatoes are soft and mushy.
- Add the juice of half a lemon and coriander leaves and combine. Move this prepared masala / curry to one side of the pan.
- Melt 1/2 tablespoon of butter on the empty side of the pan. Place the sliced pav on the butter and lightly toast on both sides.
- Spread the prepared masala on the inner side of the pav. Smear the masala all over the bread and remove from the pan.
- Repeat the same process with remaining pavs.
- Garnish with chopped onion, coriander leaves and sev.
- Serve hot with lemon wedges.
You might also like to check these recipes: