Mumbai Masala Pav Recipe
- 4 Pavs
- ½ cup Onion finely chopped
- 1 Capsicum, small sized
- ½ cup Tomatoes finely chopped
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 2 tsp Pav Bhaji Masala Powder
- ½ tsp Cumin Seeds
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
- ½ Red Chilli Powder or as needed
- Salt to taste
- Chopped Coriander Leaves
- 1 Lemon
- Heat 2 tbsp of butter in a pan. Add cumin seeds and saute until aromatic. Add the onion pieces. Fry the onions till they become translucent.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and saute for a minute. Add the chopped capsicum and garlic to it and fry for two minutes.
- Now add the tomatoes and saute for 2 minutes. Add turmeric, salt, red chilli powder and pav bhaji masala powder and mix well.
- Add a little water and cook until tomatoes are soft and mushy.
- Add the juice of half a lemon and coriander leaves and combine. Move this prepared masala / curry to one side of the pan.
- Melt ½ tablespoon of butter on the empty side of the pan. Place the sliced pav on the butter and lightly toast on both sides.
- Spread the prepared masala on the inner side of the pav. Smear the masala all over the bread and remove from the pan.
- Repeat the same process with remaining pavs.
- Garnish with chopped onion, coriander leaves and sev.
- Serve hot with lemon wedges.
Nutrition values are estimates only.
Tried this recipe?Mention @iamharichandana or tag #blendwithspices!
Recipe adapted from Tarla Dalal’s Chaat Cookbook
You might also like to check these recipes:
kitchen queen says
droolworthy and awesome.
my absolute favorite, looks so yummy!
Swasthi Blank says
beautiful clciks Hari, yummy looking pav
Veena Theagarajan says
I am fan of chat items any chat.. This looks yum
yummy recipe … wonderful click !!!
Sapana Behl says
Masala pav looks delicious !
Hamaree Rasoi says
Delicious and tasty looking masala pav. So inviting to look at!
Nupur Shah says
Nice Recipe. Add Kala Namak in the mixture for the better test.