Hari Chandana PIndianDessert
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook time: 20 mins | Serves: 4
- 4 cups Milk
- ½ cup + 1 tsp Rice Flour
- ½ cup sugar or as needed
- ¼ cup grated coocnut
- ½ tsp Cardamom Powder or a pinch of cooking camphor
- 2 tsp Ghee
- Combine the rice flour and a teaspoon of ghee in a wide bowl. Add boiling water little by little to the flour, mix very well with a spatula and make a soft dough.
- Allow it cool for a couple minutes then knead it well.
- The dough should be soft and smooth. Grease your hands with little ghee and divide the dough into small balls & shape into long strips.
- Take a wide vessel and bring milk to boil. Add the sugar and cardamom powder and allow it to boil for a couple of minutes.
- Now add the dough strips to the boiling milk and cook for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Dilute a teaspoon of rice flour in a little water and set aside. Now add the coconut and diluted rice flour mixture to the milk and cook for 3 -5 minutes and switch off the flame.