Aratikaya Palakoora Kura ~ Plantain and Spinach Curry Recipe:
Serves: 5 persons
Chopped Plantain: 2 cups
Chopped Spinach : 2 cup
Onion: 1 big sized
Mustard Seeds: 1/2 tsp
Urad dal: 1/2 tsp
Chana Dal: 1/2 tsp
Dried Chillies: 3 – 4
Turmeric Powder: 1/4 tsp
Lemon Juice to taste
Salt to taste
1. Wash, peel and chop the plantain into pieces. Add them to a bowl of water to prevent discoloration.
2. Heat oil in a wok, add the mustard seeds, urad dal and chana dal and
let them splutter. Then add the broken red chillies and fry for a few
3. Now add the chopped onion to it and fry them until translucent.
4. Remove the plantain pieces from the water and add them to the skillet.
5. Add the chopped wet spinach, turmeric powder and salt to it. Mix very
well and cover with a lid.
6. Allow it to cook on a low flame. When it is
done, switch off the flame.
7. Add the lemon juice to it and combine well.
Serve with rice or roti.
I was thinking of ordering food online and while
searching for that, I came across this website foodpanda.in. Foodpanda
works by offering a delivery service of food that is available for the
wide variety of restaurants through the Foodpanda website which can be
done with a few simple clicks. The whole process has been made very
simplistic so that you can choose your area, the restaurant of choice or
the cuisine, and finally place the order and wait for the delivery.