Poha / Avalakki / Aval Vadai / Flattened Rice Vada Recipe:
Serves: 4 persons
Thick Poha / Flattened Rice / Beaten Rice: 1 cup
Onion : 1 big sized
Besan / Chickpea Flour: 1 – 2 tbsp
Rice Flour: 1 – 2 tbsp
Grated Ginger : 1 tsp
Green Chillies: 3, finely chopped
Turmeric Powder: 1/4 tsp
Cumin Seeds: 1/2 tsp
Handful of chopped Coriander leaves
A pinch of hing (Optional)
Oil for deep frying
Salt to taste
the poha and rinse. Soak the flattened rice in about 1/2 cup of water
for 10 minutes until it gets soft.
2. Peel and chop the onion into small
pieces and set aside.
3. Now mash the soaked poha. Add all the remaining ingredients
except oil. Mix very well to make a dough.
4. Add little water if
necessary. If the mixture is very sticky, add some more rice flour or
5. Heat oil in a fan for deep frying.
6. Divide the dough into small lemon sized balls and shape them into patties.
7. Deep fry them in hot until golden brown color and crispy.
8. Remove from the oil and serve hot with chutney or tomato ketchup.
You might also like to check these recipes: